Archive for the ‘Press Releases’ Category
INDEPENDENCE Door Print
Back by Popular Demand!
Limited Time Only!
Just in time for Christmas, the INDEPENDENCE Door Print has been re-released due to popular demand. Only 50 prints are available, with 30 unframed for $35.00 and 20 framed for $85.00; numbers 151-199. This makes for a wonderful last minute Christmas gift! Proceeds from the door prints benefit Absolutely Indee, a non-profit organization whose mission is to organize, create and implement marketing strategies that compliment and promote community visioning designed to inform current and prospective citizens on the qualities and benefits of living in the Independence, Iowa area. Call the Independence Area Chamber of Commerce to purchase yours just in time for Christmas at 319-334-7178 or stop by the office at 112 1st St. E., Independence.
1) Mental Health Institute
Opened in 1873 2277 Iowa Ave
2) Baggage Room – Illinois Central Railroad Depot
Highway 150 N.
3) St. James Episcopal Church
202 – 2nd Ave NE
4) Buchanan County Courthouse
Commissioned in 1857 210 – 5th Ave NE
5) Daniel S. Lee Mansion (the home of Independence’s first mayor – 1864)
817 First Street East
6) Independence Post Office
200 – 2nd Ave NE
Proceeds from the Doors project benefit Absolutely Indee.
2013 4th of July Parade
Hosted by the
Independence Area Chamber of Commerce
Theme: Independence: There’s No Place Like Home
Welcome to our 153nd Parade Celebration! Please complete and return the bottom portion of this official entry form with the applicable entry fee by Monday, June 24th to guarantee your position in the parade lineup.
The entrance fee is $10 for the first vehicle or walking group, and $5 for each additional vehicle or walking group. Please make checks payable to: Independence Area Chamber of Commerce.
All entries will be judged this year and plaques will be awarded
based on the following criteria:
Best Use of Theme
Best Promotion of the City
Entries must be received by June 24th, 2013
Please return your completed entry form with your check made payable to the Independence Area Chamber of Commerce:
4th of July Parade
Independence Area Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 104
Independence, Iowa 50644
Keep the above portion for your records – Return the bottom portion.
Name of Entry (business, group or individual) ______________________________________________________________
Type of Entry/Vehicle ___________________________________ Music (yes/no) ______
Additional Vehicles ____________ # of Adults ________ # of Children ________
Contact Phone ________________________
Mailing Address _____________________________________________________________________________________
PLEASE PRINT A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ENTRY
My signature below is my bond that I understand the rules and guidelines for the 2012 4th of July Parade and warrant that my/our entry will fully comply.
Responsible Person ____________________________________________ Date Signed_____________________
Entry fee and entry form must be mailed together
SAFETY RULES & GUIDELINES
1. Parade officials will inspect all entries and reserve the right to eliminate any entry that is in violation of these rules.
2. The 2013 Parade will start from City Hall and end at the Buchanan County Fairgrounds. Line-up will start along 4th Avenue NE on the west side of St. John’s Church at 6:00 a.m. Entrants should be in the line-up no later than 8:00 a.m.—the parade will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
3. Once your entry has started along the parade route, no one may board your float.
4. Cover all open wheels for safety (so marchers cannot snag clothing or be pulled under wheels).
5. Your entry may not exit the parade route before the end of the parade.
6. No alcohol is allowed. Independence Open Container law will be strictly enforced.
7. For public safety, nothing may be thrown from your entry—candy, eggs, water balloons, super soakers, or other objects. Candy and/or small gift items may be handed out along the parade route.
8. Entries with children under the age of 19 must have one (1) adult per five (5) children.
9. All entries must have clear identification signage.
10. Changes in the parade line-up will be at the sole discretion of the parade officials.